Priyans, from Mumbai has completed multiple highway trips in his MG ZS EV. This trip from Bengaluru was unfortunately, a harrowing experience for him.
– Priyans left Bengaluru early morning on a Sunday.
– After driving for 3 hours, he reached Davanagere, which has a Delta charger by Tata Power.
– The Charger showed an error code called ‘00312C’. The error said ‘Stop charging at PreCharge’
– He called the Tata Power call centre, and the executive did not know what to do!
– All of a sudden Priyans realized that his MG ZS EV wouldn’t go into drive or reverse mode. The instrument cluster flashed an orange sign saying ‘Vehicle Control Systems Fault, please stop safely’
– He then pressed the iCall button on the steering wheel and tried speaking with MG to resolve the issue
– The MG technician suggested multiple hacks regarding the AUX battery
– Priyans found out that MG owners in India and UK had faced similar problems. Their car had to be towed back to the service station
– The solution was tow the car to service center, where technicians connected their laptop to the car, removed a ‘software flag’, rebooted the car, and the car could charge and it could continue as if nothing went wrong!
– The question is why can’t MG solve this remotely and thus eliminate the dreaded “Vehicle Control Systems Fault”? Also Multiple such faults continue to happen with MG ZS EVs and there’s no word from them on how to get it fixed or why this is happening.
– This is a classic example of an ICE CAR company with mediocre software capabilities needed in EV’s.
Read Priyans full blog of the journey here
Do you like our work?
Why don’t you consider supporting us to create more content for the Indian EV community? Your help would enable us to stay independent.
💚 Support us at Patreon
💙 Become a YouTube Channel Subscriber!
🟣 Once a member or a patron, you get access to our Discord Server and can interact with PluginIndia team!
📚 Discuss EV’s, Servicing, Charging and more in our Forums
💬 Get Chatty at our Discord community
🎧 Listen to ‘The PluginIndia Podcast’
📘 Facebook – www.face.cx/pluginindia
🐤Twitter – www.shok.top/pluginindia
📸 Instagram – www.friend.bid/pluginindia/
⚡🚗 🛵 ⚡ India’s oldest Electric Vehicle advocacy group. Since 2013, We have been advocating for EV’s. We manage a large community of EV owners and EV lovers in India. We also work on special projects with EV OEM’s we love and care about.
DISCLAIMER: This description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we will receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!